Sunday 7 August 2016

Instructions, Petitions & Free Advice



It's been another week of family work. Divorce petitions, instructions to Counsel, bundles and so forth.

I've found that so far there is a wide variety of things to do an consider with family law. I'm enjoying the fact that all work is different, whether it be matrimonial or children issues. Each matter is completely different too as there are always different circumstances with every family.

I've seen that on some pieces of work I'm starting to get less 'red pen' marks so this is looking good. Hopefully by the end of this month I will have no corrections! As a Trainee you have to learn to not be so disheartened when your work gets scribbles all over it. It's part of the learning process to make mistakes and be shown the correct way of approaching certain tasks.

This week I also had to attend the Law Advice Centre. For those that don't know this is an advice clinic which provides free 30 minute advice sessions for vulnerable people in the Ipswich and Suffolk area.

This was the first time that I attended the advice centre to advise all clients without having a qualified person with me, so I was rather nervous. The sessions were quite intense this week and I found myself having to concentrate extremely hard to get to the crux of the issue. But I feel that I gave sound advice and pointed the clients in the right direction.

I hope all had a good week and enjoyed their weekend. Here's to another successful week for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment