Sunday 21 August 2016

Taking Care of Yourself



As a Trainee, I find myself occasionally getting too stressed. I can find myself getting frustrated with myself over the smallest of tasks and by the end of the day I end up feeling exhausted.

It's always important for anyone, whether it be a Trainee or someone that's been qualified for years to take care of themselves. Nothing is more important than your mental and physical health.

When I feel stressed, my first point of call is to go to the gym. I know this isn't everyone's most favourite place but for me, I only need to walk on a treadmill for a few minutes and I can already start to feel my mood being lifted. Even better, hitting the weights really releases the tension in my body so by the time I've left I feel like a new person.

When you're feeling stressed out, it's good to just take a 'time out' moment to analyse what is actually going on and how you can work around things, prioritise the most important pieces of work and go from there.

Remember that there is more to life than your job, cancel all your plans for the evening and relax to recharge yourself for the next day. Go even further, cancel all your weekend plans and do absolutely nothing!

If things are really getting too bad you know what the best thing to do is? Book a holiday, and just never return!

Remember, happy mind happy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment