Monday 4 July 2016

Hills, Sweat & Gossip



The day came when a group of ladies from my firm took part in the Ipswich Legal Walk. A 10km walk around Ipswich in aid of the Eastern Legal Support Trust and the Suffolk Law Advice Centre.

I had a moment of panic in the morning as it was absolutely tipping it down with rain. But in true British style, the forever changing weather corrected itself from torrential downpour to bright and sunny, thank heavens for that.

At 5.30pm the team met a number of others at Christchurch Mansion, Ipswich. It was a good turn out as approximately 70 people had registered to walk. Teams ranged from lawyers to recruitment consultants.

At the start we were raring to go, a nice walk in the park on a summers day I thought, until I realised that there were SO.MANY.HILLS. I don't really run, or walk for that matter, unless it's to go and get food so I knew that it would be a struggle!

Luckily I had a good team with me, the ability to multitask by gossiping and walking made the walk go a lot quicker, until we hit the 8km mark.

We were tired, worn out, sticky and being the heavy footed baby elephant that I am, my feet really hurt! But we pushed on and finally made it to the end, where we enjoyed a drink at the pub. Perfect way to end the day.

So far  all teams have raised approximately £1,400 which is amazing. Hopefully we can raise some more in the coming weeks. Well done to everyone that took part. Here's to next time in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment