Sunday 8 November 2015

End of Education



It only feels like yesterday that I walked into the University of Law in September 2013 with my suitcase ready to be filled with books.  It's safe to say that I didn't know what I was getting into. Studying part-time and working full-time, I look back now and think 'how on earth did I do that?'. For the past two years I've been continuously tired and wondering when I'd have the time to relax without the guilt of not doing any work, now I can say that I can!

This week my certificate came through to say that I'd completed the LPC. (I really need to put that somewhere safe).  It almost feels like this is the certificate to say 'you're free to go!'.  It's been a long time coming and I'm so relieved to have my evenings and weekends back, every LPC graduate knows exactly how I feel. However, I sometimes find myself a little lost in the evenings as I feel like I should still be studying.  I seem to be watching a lot more TV, and I'm not sure if this is a good thing. Maybe I should buy some books, I genuinely can't remember the last time I read a book purely for enjoyment!

It's hard to get to grips with the fact that I've had the security of education since I can remember and now I've been set free into the big wide world.  I'm still trying to figure out my new lifestyle, my workouts at the gym after work seem to be getting longer as I find myself bored when I get home.  I guess I just have one of those minds that finds it hard to relax.

But it's done and I'm happy that I don't have to sit any more exams (save the Professional Skills Course). And for the first time in a long, long time I can enjoy Christmas this year without revision or coursework!




No comments:

Post a Comment