Sunday 1 November 2015

Breakfast


Every two weeks I represent my firm at a Bob Club which is a 'business over breakfast' club (see link: http://www.bobclubs.com/).  These breakfast meetings give local businesses a chance to come together, network and refer work to one another over a lovely fried breakfast.  The meetings I attend are held at Bears Boutique Bowling Bar and American Restaurant in Ipswich, Suffolk. (link: http://www.bearsbaripswich.co.uk/)

Each business owner has the opportunity to stand and talk to the rest of the group for approx. 60 seconds about their business.  Each time I speak about my firm, I tend to focus on what my firm is looking for and what makes my firm different from the rest.

These meetings are very different to the normal way of networking.  There is no pressure to force referrals between one another and it is not the standard 'stand in a room and try to speak to as many people as possible' networking event.

At each meeting there are usually a few visitors so I have to introduce myself and state where I am from.  For the first time this week I was able to tell everyone that I had passed my exams and that I will be a Trainee Solicitor in December.  Everyone was pleased for me and it was great that I could share my progress with them.

I am always looking for ways to expand the firm and generate more business, and I feel that the Bob Club has already done a lot for the firm.  On top of the business side, I also get a lovely fry up every two weeks!

I'm looking forward to the next meeting, I will have a 10 minute slot to talk about me, the firm, and why I chose to work at my firm.  I'm not the most confident person when speaking in front of people so this will do me the world of good to try and gain more confidence. As someone who is new to the business world, I always try to put myself in situations that will give me more confidence and experience. The Bob Club certainly helps me with this and I will continue to go in order to help develop myself and my firm.




No comments:

Post a Comment