Monday 15 May 2017

Dinner by the Boats



This week I had the opportunity to go to the Royal Harwich Yacht Club to join members of the Medico Legal Society for dinner and a talk.

This event takes place every so often at different venues and gathers lawyers, doctors and other medical experts together.

The talk centred around consent given by patients for medical procedures, and a medical professional's obligation to provide the patient with all the risks that may be involved. I found this topic rather interesting, as there were many views given by various medical experts.

At the end of the talk, we were provided with a three course meal, which I wolfed down in about three seconds. I've been on a diet and so I made sure that I enjoyed this meal!

This was my last Medico Legal Society meeting as my seat in Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury ends soon, so unfortunately I'm unable to look forward to the next one. But I did have a lovely time and enjoyed looking over the boats and the River Orwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment