Friday 21 April 2017

Post-Easter Blues


Well I hope that everyone had a lovely Easter and made the most of their time off, it certainly went by in a flash. I spent my weekend in North Yorkshire and I went out every day to see the different sites, it was great! I think my post-Easter blues started when I was caught in standstill traffic whilst travelling back home on the A1, it was at that moment that I thought, "can't this weekend be at least one day longer?".

The weekend almost feels like a distant memory now that we have come to the end of yet another week. It was back to the paperwork for everyone and I was definitely sad to be back in the office.

This week, I have been involved in a variety of work. I have been drafting letters of claim, putting together bundles and carrying out research. It was also my time to volunteer at the Suffolk Law Advice Centre again. These sessions come round once every three months, but time goes so quickly it feels like the sessions arrive much quicker.

The appointments at the Suffolk Law Advice Centre involved issues such as neighbour disputes and speeding fines, so it was nice to be able to advise on different topics.

In addition to all of this work, I attended a talk at my firm's office about concussion. I would say that a benefit of working in clinical negligence and personal injury is that you get to learn about all kinds of medical problems, even if they can be nasty.

As for next week, I am in Court for two days and also in London on my Professional Skills Course again, so it will be a busy one. I will make sure that I write about that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment