Friday 17 March 2017

Administration



As part of being a Trainee, not all jobs are that grand. Yes, most of the time you are carrying out the duties of a Solicitor under supervision but sometimes the dull tasks have to be done, and it's you that'll have to do them.

This week was one of those weeks. I've spent a lot of my time reading and spell checking documents created by third parties. Long documents, too.

As tiresome and tedious this may be, you have to look at the positives. I learnt a lot about the case and the current stage of the case by reading this document. So it did actually get me up to speed with everything.

As there are many court dates in litigious departments, as a Trainee you will also find yourself doing a lot of copying. Bundles need to be made, and these bundles can be HUGE. I'm talking numerous lever arch files, not just one! Furthermore, 99.9% chance you'll need to create at least around 4-5 copies of that bundle.

So there's a lot of standing around, organising and flipping through pieces of paper, but this is all part of being a Trainee Solicitor. I embrace the variety, and appreciate that I'm able to contribute towards a case in some form of way.

Some may say a photocopier is a Trainee's best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment