Sunday 31 January 2016

SNEJLD



SNEJLD...funny word isn't it. I can guarantee you've just tried to say that in your head. I have, many times.

So what is SNEJLD? It's the Suffolk and North Essex Junior Lawyers Division, a branch off the Suffolk and North Essex Law Society, but as said in the title, for the junior lawyers.

SNEJLD members can range from Paralegals/Trainee Solicitors to qualified Solicitors that are up to 5 years qualified. The aim of this group is to interact and network with other lawyers in the area. Having a range of people at different career stages means that everyone can share their experiences and also ask for advice or general questions about their career path.

A new committee has recently been elected and this week the first social event of the year was held.

I always enjoy these events as it means that I get to mix with other people that have gone or are going through the same journey as me. However, I always underestimate how many lawyers there are in the area. Suffolk seems to be such a small county, but an absolute sea of lawyers seem to come out of nowhere at these events and I always wonder where have they been hiding!

The new committee are a friendly team and they seem to have big plans for the year with regards to social events.  I think that this is a good thing, sometimes these social events can be spread too far apart during the year and you forget who you've met before. I also find that you could be saying the same thing to everyone each time you attend.  I know that there are many plans for this year so watch this space!

If anyone in interested in attending these events visit www.sne-jld.co.uk to contact the team.  The more the merrier!

I look forward to the next meeting, here's to a successful year for SNEJLD!


No comments:

Post a Comment