Thursday 14 January 2016

Back to Work




We're half way through January, already! Where does the time go? It's time for us all to get back into the swing of things, it's a new year and as usual we all have lots of work to do.

I don't really have much to report on this week as I'm slowly getting back into a routine. Sometimes it can be hard returning to work after a week and a half off, I for one am a victim of this. Sitting at home in front of the fire with a tub of Quality Street seems so much more appealing! The dark nights and mornings have also been rather depressing, for everyone. How are we expected to get up for work when we can't even see outside?

For some reason however, after the initial stumble of getting back to work, 2016 has seemed to give myself a good old kick. I seem to be a lot happier and I've experienced no anxiety. I've been training hard (for those that don't know, I'm really into my weightlifting) and I'm already seeing results.  I haven't been able to go to the gym properly for the past month as I've been unwell so it's nice to get back to normal.  I've also quit alcohol for a while, I'm not taking part in dry January, but I thought that this was needed. Too much alcohol is always consumed over the Christmas period!

I hope that the discipline that I've forced on myself has also been reflecting on my work and continues to do so. I've received some good comments from my supervisor recently so that's definitely contributed to my good mood. I must remember though, as I'm always having to be reminded....fill in my training diary and record my time!

So it's back to the healthy, disciplined routine for me. It doesn't worry me though, I like the challenge, exercise, food and work wise.  Whatever you've decided to change for this year, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment