Thursday 15 June 2017

Lawyer by Day, Bodybuilder by Night!





As I've previously mentioned, I had a fitness competition coming up. Most people know that I am a very keen weightlifter but only a select few knew that I had signed myself up to a bikini fitness competition. A bit different for a lawyer, but I love being different and trying new things!

For those that don't know, a bikini fitness competition basically means that you have to stand on stage in a bikini and do set poses for judges to examine and judge your body. It sounds ridiculous, but it was so much fun!

As part of my preparation for this I had to cut down my body fat to as little as possible and tone myself up by weightlifting. In order to show off a toned physique, I had approximately four layers of fake tan applied to my body and make up painted on to my face. Yes, I am still orange!

This event gives a person like me the chance to release their attitude and show everyone their sassiness on stage. It is so much more fun than I can describe! And as part of your routine, you need to show elegance and poise, something that I actually struggle with. I'm more of a converse and baggy top kind of woman.

This was my first competition so as I expected, I was not placed in the top three. My feedback was to act more confident and tense my muscles more, I was happy with that.

The event was over so quickly and it now seems like such a blur, but the 16 weeks of diet and training was all worth it. I am already looking for my next competition!

So that's just an insight into what I do outside of work. As I have been on a diet for the past four months, I have spent this week eating. I am currently baking different gluten free cakes, cookies and pastry items. I have a massive sweet tooth so I am making the most of it!

I was back to work on Wednesday this week and as I currently have a patchy tan, a few questions have been asked. I find myself asserting that four layers of tan is not my usual choice!

I also had my end of seat appraisal which went well. I move into my final seat at the end of June, so I'm looking forward to the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment