Thursday 9 February 2017

Corporate Drafting



Image result for writing drafting

In the midst of my Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury experience, which includes bundles, instructions to experts, reviewing expert reports, telephone conferences and much more, the end of my week involved a trip to London.

I had to get the 7.38am train. Every time I need to go to London for work I always forget how early I need to wake up. I do not envy the commuters one bit, or feel sorry for them, it's self-inflicted!

I am now in the second stage of my Professional Skills Course so I was required to sit one of my elective subjects. This particular class was for Corporate Drafting.

The title itself is pretty self explanatory, I spent the day drafting parts of a Confidentiality Agreement and Option Agreement with other fellow Trainees. We also had the opportunity to answer and discuss questions on how we would draft certain clauses of other corporate documents.

It doesn't sound pretty interesting, however I actually enjoyed this class. It felt good to refresh my mind on an are of law that I was training in a year ago. I was worried that I wouldn't remember much but I think I did ok.

My next PSC class is in March and it is in relation to Personal Injury, so I should have good knowledge on this by then.

It was good to get out of the office for the day, but for now I think I'm happy with my usual 10 minute walk to work rather than a 1.5 hour train journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment