Friday 26 May 2017

A Sweaty Day in London



There's no denial that this week has been a hot one, and what better way to spend my Thursday than to sit on a stuffy train to London and walk past high rise buildings reflecting the heat back on to me.

Thursday I attended my penultimate Professional Skills Course class which focused on "a Law Firm as a Commercial Enterprise".

This class focused on how to attract clients, how firms can expand their client base and how to keep up with the ever increasing competition in the area. Our tasks were to identify the pros and cons of two fictional law firms and analyse how they can change in order to succeed.  In the second half of the day, the class was split into two groups in order to represent the two fictional law firms. Each law firm had to present a pitch to a corporate client in order to win them over and assist them with an acquisition.

Luckily the classroom had air conditioning so we were fine inside, however the heat really did hit you as you walked out. I suffer from a blood disorder which makes me extremely sensitive to sunlight, it can burn me very easily and cause horrific consequences (yes, I am one of those people who avoid the light!). So I had to be very careful, but luckily I do not have one of the worst cases of my condition so I can handle walking around in the heat, as long as I am appropriately covered up. I'm not quite a full vampire!

I hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday weekend and the scheduled rain for Sunday and Monday holds off. Enjoy yourselves!



No comments:

Post a Comment