Friday 2 June 2017

My Last Six Months


I can't believe the position that I'm currently in, it's six months until I qualify.

My current thought is: "what on earth do I do with myself?", it's gone so quick that I still remember my first days as a Trainee like it was yesterday!

Now that I've come to a stage like this I feel like I have to think about my career seriously, on things such as what area do I actually want to qualify in? It's crazy to think that I have to start doing this.

Being a Trainee for the last year and a half has definitely helped me distinguish between the areas that I do and do not like. I think that this is the best part of the process, it enables you to know for sure if you're missing out on anything, or not.

They do say time goes very quickly and now I know what they mean. We are in the sixth month of the year already, soon it will be Christmas again! Not that I'm complaining, chocolate!

Within these next sixth months I have so much to look forward to. My fitness competition is in 10 days, I am heading to Anacapri, Italy in September, and the day that I qualify I am travelling to Gothenburg, Sweden. I qualify in November and on a Thursday so it was a convenient time to take a long weekend to celebrate and see the Christmas markets. I'm not running from responsibility!

As I say every now and again, I'm embracing the madness, the worry and the unknown. But that's all part of being a Trainee. Everything works out in the end, I'm just excited to see where the second half of this year will take me.

This week I have been drafting documentation for personal injury claims. Documents such as schedules of special damages, witness statements and consent orders. This gives me the opportunity to get to know the file and understand the claim that is being filed at Court.

I have not been told what my next seat will be yet, but I'm sure I will find out imminently, so I'm looking forward to that and will be sure to let you know as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment