Wednesday 16 November 2016

University of Essex Law Fair




Last week I attended the University of Essex Law Fair. This event gave the law students or other students that wish to pursue a career in law the chance to speak to those that work in the legal profession. A number of local law firms attended as well as those that work for the government legal services, providers of the LPC and BPTC courses and so on.

It was great to see so many students interested in a career in law, particularly those that aren't even studying law.

There were a variety of students. Some who had no idea what they were going to do when they leave University, some who had various options to explore and those who were set on what they wanted to do and were determined to achieve their dreams.

Being a Trainee I was able to give an explanation of the change from studying to working in practice. I gave the students tips on what to focus on in their interviews and also advised them to get as much experience in as possible!

Of course we brought chocolates to please the students...I obviously dipped my hand in several times. Needs must!

I hope the students found the evening informative. I'm sure I'll be back this time next year to do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment