Sunday 8 May 2016

Army Soldiers, Drafting & Networking



This week has been relatively normal, albeit only four days long, but that was rather nice! The normal tasks of drafting terms and conditions, asset purchase agreements, incorporating charities etc were all carried out and it was a good, productive week at the office.

On Wednesday I was able to spend the day at Wattisham army base to attend the Health & Wellbeing fair. I represented my firm with my Training Principal and we were able to advertise our services to the soldiers, their families and their friends. Other services that visited included child care, PTSD treatment and hypnotherapy.

It was really interesting to speak to the soldiers and be told about their experiences. I was very surprised at how many women were there. Many of them had children, and I thought that it must be so hard to have such a demanding job whilst also having to look after such young children. I don't know how they do it!

I'd never visited the army base before so it was interesting to have a look around. As my firm is local to Wattisham, it's a great idea to form a relationship with the soldiers so that they feel that they can trust us to provide legal advice to them.

Thursday night I was invited to a bar situated on the docks, and what a fine day it was to go there. This was the Young Professional Network meeting that I have been to before. It was good to see some familiar faces and also catch up with some old faces that I used to work with!

This week I also received the news that I'd passed my PSC Finance and Business Skills exam, what a relief! No more exams (I think). I'm one step closer to qualification.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, the weather was phenomenal! Let's make the most of the little weekend that we have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment