Tuesday 5 April 2016

Celebrations!



So over the weekend I turned the age of 24, I still look about 16 (I'm really short and covered in freckles) but I'll be thankful in ten years time. Is it at this point where I'm supposed to act like a grown up? I may find this hard.

At my firm, it's common for someone to bring in goodies for their colleagues on their birthday, so I brought in treats to mark the occasion, plus I brought them in on a Friday, what a good way to end the week! I don't know about you, but my colleagues (as most people do) have a weakness for anything sugary, so this is always a way to win points with them.

My birthday was on the Sunday, so on the Saturday I celebrated. I did go to the gym with my new toy (boyfriend) who just happens to be a body builder, so this is our idea of fun, I know, we're really sad! Nothing beats a heavy leg workout! We also went out for dinner to Pea Porridge in Bury St Edmunds (see link: http://www.peaporridge.co.uk/) and the food was absolutely delicious. The restaurant is set in two cottages and it has an extremely homely and comfortable atmosphere, I definitely recommend it to you all.

It's strange to think that I started my legal career six years ago when I turned up at University wondering what on earth I let myself in for, and now I'm only a year and 8 months away from qualification!

Here's to another good year, and next year I'll be able to say I'm going to be a Solicitor, the thought is terrifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment