Wednesday 24 February 2016

Back to Law School



So I've been out of education for a few months now, and I was getting used to just working office hours and not studying in the evening.  Having my evenings and weekends free has been an absolute dream and I've definitely made the most of having my free time back (mainly by napping).

I've been so occupied with work and life in general that I'd completely forgotten how close I was to attending the Professional Skills Course, which commences at the beginning of March.

I was unaware that preparation was required (how silly of me!) so last week, and to my horror, I turned up to work with some materials waiting for me on my desk. It was preparatory work for my Advocacy and Communication Skills workshop.

The panic ran through me, do I need to prepare to stand up and speak in front of people? Will I be judged? assessed? I haven't done it in so long! I've always been worried about speaking in front of people. However I thought to myself, I've managed to get through it in my seven years of education, so I think one last shot won't hurt.

I've been told that the PSC is nothing to worry about, but it's always going to be something that sits at the back of your mind. I shall let you know how I get on once I've sat my first set of classes. It can't be that bad...can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment